Vision and Mission
Language & Cultural Immersion
- We are losing the Shoshoni and Bannock languages and teaching children early is the Tribes' best alternative for preservation.
- Our children are not achieving their full potential due to a disconnect from their heritage languages and culture.
- Language and cultural revitalization is needed to strengthen and build our tribal community.
- Teaching language and culture positively correlates with American Indian student retention rates and academic success.
Fine & Performing Arts
- Stimulates and develops the imagination and critical thinking;
- Refines cognitive and creative skills;
- Strengthens problem solving and critical thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and future school success;
- Develops a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, and goal setting - skills needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond;
- Builds self-confidence and self-discipline;
- Plays a central role in cognitive, motor, languages, and social and emotional development;
- Motivates and engages children in learning.
What is a Charter School
- Free public schools that are open to all students;
- Approved by the State of Idaho to operate as an accredited public school;
- Uses innovative methods of instruction;
- Provides choices for families and greater accountability for results;
- Parents and teachers choose charter schools primarily for educational reasons, high academic standards, innovative approaches, and educational philosophies that are in align with their own.